November 30, 2007

NaBloPoMo Recap


Today is the last day of NaBloPoMo. I successfully blogged once every day during November. It was a cool experience. I was hoping my writing skills would get better... maybe I'd sound more fluid and more intelligent... but, I don't think that happened. What I did gain from daily blogging was a better sense of time management, planning, and organizing. I had to make sure to set aside time every day to post a few words and I'm glad I managed to do it--even when situations were a bit difficult.

For my final post of November I have a sort of ... rebirth? ^_^
I frogged my Scrunchable Scarf in the Whale's Road color way. For some reason the way it was knitting up just wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped. In the Malabrigo Junkies group on Ravelry I had a random drawing--the way you enter was by answering 3 'questions'. One of them was to talk about a Malabrigo project (not one of your own) that you thought was awesome. Some people mentioned the drop stitch scarf, so, I checked it out and it turned out I had added to my favorites a few weeks back.
I decided Whale's Road would become the drop stitch scarf. Here's how it looks so far:

novyarn 127


I don't know if I like this manifestation more than the Scrunchable Scarf or less... I think Whale's Road looks best in hank form. o_O
The pattern gives a really cool effect... but, the single ply-ness of Malabrigo is actually unwinding and 'blossoming' in the dropped sections. It's getting all poofy and separated... I don't know if I like the look of it.

novyarn 121


I think I'll knit a few more repeats and see if it starts growing on me.

Congratulations to all the successful NaBloPoMo Bloggers! I plan to NOT blog tomorrow. =)

6 comments:

John Brinegar said...

That scarf is BYOOTIFUL. I like a lot.

Nichole D. said...

Congrats! You did it! I'm so bummed I failed this year.

If you don't like the new manifestation of the Mmmm, try seed stitch. I've never met a yarn that didn't look good in seed stitch, plus it's reversible for a scarf!

BrownBerry said...

Blogging every day for a month was quite a feat! But you're a knitter, you know how a series of small things adds up to something great. Congrats!!

As for the scarf, I actually made an out loud unintelligible noise of approval when I scrolled to the photos. If that counts for anything :)

sko_G knits said...

whales road is yet another gorgeous colorway from malabrigo.

i agree, the loftiness of malabrigo is a bit much for the drop stitch, the pattern would be better showcased with a more tightly wound strand.

L. said...

I've made a scarf with a similar stitch pattern out of ribbon yarn, and I think your scarf looks much better. Though the puffing out in the yo section isn't necessarily 'traditional' I think it's beautiful. It's a nice way to show off how beautiful the colorway is!

Ninabeena said...

I love this color and I really like the pattern. It's lovely