April 4, 2007

calorimetry and a sock


Clapotis has taken over my knitting life. The pattern is fairly simple and is made easier with the use of stitch markers, but, it's taking FOREVER. I think I'm almost halfway through. I'm on the 6th repeat of section 3. o_O I've already dropped a few stitches and it looks awesome. Knowing that I'll be dropping stitches in the near future is the only thing keeping me going. Sadly, though, I don't think my stitches are that even.
Did I mention what I'm using to make Clapotis? Well, it's Cascade 220 in this purple heather color. It's not too bad of a yarn and it's not expensive either. Although, WEBS is having a sale and their Cascade is going for $4.98/skein... I paid $7.50/skein. x_X Hopefully I'll have pictures soon.


In other news, I have a picture of the Calorimetry I knitted 2 weeks ago.

calorimetry1
purple goodness


This was knit with Malabrigo in the "faulty" Tortuga colorway.

calorimetry2
hugging some starbucks


I cast on 88 stitches instead of the recommended 120. People had been saying the finished object was huge and that the pattern stretches a lot... now, it's actually too small. Go figure. I have a feeling I'm a tight knitter because FO's always seem to end up smaller than what I expect. I'll probably make another one with the leftover yarn.

Hope you enjoyed this quick taste of my knitting. ^_^ More to come!

knit hard

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your knitting and photography is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Shadkitty said...

Mmm it looks pretty though!

I *heart* Cascade 220 and use it whenever a pattern calls for worsted weight. Since I'm cheap and it's lovely for the money. The Heathers are my favorite, some gorgeous colors there. :)

Knit Picking said...

Love that purple!
Last week I saw some Malabrigo at a friend's, and I can see why you love it so much. I almost accidently *cough* put it in my knitting bag.

earthchick said...

Oooh pretty! Sorry it's a tad small. Mine ended up on the small side too (I think I cast on 80).